CUBE Functions

When it comes to CUBE functions, they’ll be ignored by 99% of users but absolutely cherished by the other 1%.

In this tip, I’ll show you how to use functions like CUBESET, CUBEVALUE and CUBEMEMBER to retrieve filtered values from a data model, and build custom reports and dashboards without relying on Power Pivot.


  • Building spreadsheet-based reports from data in the Data Model without using pivots
  • Documenting all of the sets and members within a data model

Interested in learning more?

Sign up for the Pro Tips for Power Users online course today to unlock exclusive project files and resources.

The full course includes PDF eBooks and Excel project files containing every demo & dataset covered in the course — ranked by difficulty (1-5 stars), organized by category, and hyperlinked for quick access.

It’s time to start working smarter, not harder. If you’re looking to maximize efficiency, supercharge productivity, and become an Excel POWER USER, this is the course for you.

Exclusive Offer – Full Course Access

Excel Pro Tips for Power Users

Full Price $199    Today’s Price 75% OFF!

75+ Excel tips to help you work smarter, boost productivity and become a certified power user. You’ll receive lifetime access to:

  • 10+ hours of high-quality video content

  • Downloadable eBook & Excel project files (with solutions)

  • Course quizzes to test your knowledge

  • 1-on-1 expert support

  • 100% satisfaction guarantee (no questions asked)